- Print ISSN
- Electronic ISSN
- Impact factor
- Usage rank
- Article count
- Free count
- Free percentage
- PDFs via platforms
- CSA, Wiley, Proquest, and Gale
Branchial cleft cysts, fistulae and appendages.
Sex is not an independent risk factor for survival in differentiated thyroid cancer.
We identified 36,725 patients, of which 77% were female and 23% were male. PTC represented 91.3% of patients and FTC the remaining 8.7%. Males with PTC and FTC were diagnosed at an older age and were significantly more likely to present with advanced-stage disease. In patients ≥45 years old, DSS was...
Fluorescently labeled therapeutic antibodies for detection of microscopic melanoma.
We evaluated three US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved therapeutic monoclonal antibodies. Prospective, basic science. Melanoma cell lines (A375 and SKMEL5) were xenografted into the ears of immunodeficient mice. Bevacizumab, panitumumab, tocilizumab, or a nonspecific immunoglobin G (IgG)...
IMOUTA: A proposal for patient care handoffs.
An increased frequency of patient handoffs has occurred as a result of the new resident work-hour restrictions that have recently been instituted. Inadequate handoff of patient care has been associated with adverse patient events due to residents being unprepared for events that happen during cross...
Restructuring the vocal fold lamina propria with endoscopic microdissection.
The purposes of this preclinical study were to investigate histologic and rheologic outcomes of Microendoscopy of Reinke's space (MERS)-guided minithyrotomy and to assess its instrumentation. Human cadaveric and in vivo animal study. Three human cadaveric larynges were treated with MERS-guided place...
Prevalence of ventilation blockages in patients affected by attic pathology: A case-control study.
We analyzed the different anatomical and pathological findings between patients with attic disease or cholesteatoma and patients without attic disease. A case-control study based on a retrospective chart review in a tertiary university referral center. Videos from endoscopic middle ear procedures ca...
Access to the parapharyngeal space: An anatomical study comparing the endoscopic and open approaches.
A subtemporal preauricular approach to the infratemporal fossa and parapharyngeal space has been the traditional path to tumors of this region. The morbidity associated with this procedure has lead to the pursuit of less invasive techniques. Endoscopic access using a minimally invasive transmaxillar...
Regrowth of the adenoids after coblation adenoidectomy: Cephalometric analysis.
To analyze the prevalence of adenoid regrowth at 1 year after coblation adenoidectomy using cephalometric radiography. Retrospective analysis. One hundred eighty-eight children who underwent adenoidectomy from June 2006 through September 2010 were included. Demographic data, preoperative size of pal...
Bioengineered trachea using autologous chondrocytes for regeneration of tracheal cartilage in a rabbit model.
In this study, a bioengineered trachea composed of autologous chondrocytes was developed, and its effect on cartilaginous regeneration was evaluated by implantation into tracheal defects in rabbits. Prospective controlled trial in an animal model. The tracheal prosthesis used in this study was compo...
Morbidity after thyroid surgery: patient perspective.
To evaluate patient perception of morbidity after thyroid surgery. Survey of consecutive patients (case series). A standardized questionnaire was mailed to 312 patients who underwent thyroid surgery during a 3-year period (January 2008 to December 2010). Replies were received from 202 (64%) patients...