Advanced search×
×

Folia Medica

Print ISSN
0204-8043
Electronic ISSN
1314-2143
Publisher
Metapress
URL
http://metapress.com/content/121783/
Usage rank
13993
Article count
2070
Free count
17
Free percentage
0.00821256
PDFs via platforms
Metapress

  1. A case of TRAP sequence with immense acardiac twin.

    Folia Medica 56(2):129 (2014) PMID 25181851

    We present a case of TRAP sequence with immense acardiac twin with favorable outcome, emphasizing the importance of ultrasound imaging, follow-up and timing of delivery in this complicated pregnancy....
  2. Abstracts of the 16th International Conference for Philosophy, Psychiatry and Psychology, June 26-29, 2014, Bulgaria.
    Author(s) unavailable

    Folia Medica 56 Suppl 1:11 (2014) PMID 25111994

  3. Influence of serum levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone and anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies, age and gender on depression as measured by...

    Folia Medica 56(1):24 (2014) PMID 24812919

    The AIM of the present study was to explore the level of depression in the respondents using the Zung self-rating depression scale (SDS) and find a correlation with the levels of the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and the anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies (anti-TPO), the age and gender of the pa...
  4. Antioxidant and antiradical properties of esculin, and its effect in a model of epirubicin-induced bone marrow toxicity.

    Folia Medica 54(3):42 (2012) PMID 23270206

    We used. It exerted SOD-mimetic effect and reduced the level of superoxide radicals generated in a xanthine-xanthine oxidase system by 30%. Esculin also showed an antioxidant effect in a model of Fe2+-induced lipid peroxidation. Cytogenetic analysis showed that epirubicin had a marked influence on t...
  5. Angioedema in progressive muscular dystrophy: a case report.

    Folia Medica 54(1):65 (2012) PMID 22908833

    We present a 41-year-old male hospitalized in the Division of Occupational Diseases and Allergology at St. George University Hospital in Plovdiv who suffered two incidents of massive angioedema on the face, back and chest, accompanied by an itchy urticarial rash. In 1985, after hospitalization to th...
  6. Breast reduction with the posterosuperior pedicle: a series of 200 consecutive patients.

    Folia Medica 53(4):34 (2011) PMID 22708472

    To present and evaluate the outcomes of the posterosuperior pedicle breast reduction technique. 200 patients were included in the present retrospective study. They were operated on between January 2006 and January 2009. The mean age was 35.9 years (range 22 to 58 years). The average notch-to-nipple...
  7. Adherence to bisphosphonate therapy in postmenopausal osteoporotic women.

    Folia Medica 53(3):25 (2011) PMID 22359979

    Osteoporosis is a metabolic bone disease caused by a decrease in the bone mineral density. It is a major public health threat as it weakens bones, especially those in the wrist, spine, or hip, and causes them to break easily. The study aimed to find how strictly postmenopausal women with osteoporosi...
  8. Is everything clear about Tako-tsubo syndrome?

    Folia Medica 53(2):5 (2011) PMID 21797101

    Tako-tsubo syndrome is a novel cardio-vascular disease affecting predominantly postmenopausal women exposed to unexpected strong emotional or physical stress, in the absence of significant coronary heart disease. It is characterized by acute onset of severe chest pain and/or acute left ventricular f...
  9. Serum levels of siCAM-1, sVCAM-1, sE-selectin, sP-selectin in healthy Bulgarian people.

    Folia Medica 53(2):22 (2011) PMID 21797103

    We studied 110 healthy people of Bulgarian nationality aged 18-65. The selection criteria for the reference group were made in accordance with the requirements of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry (IFCC). Serum concentrations of CAMs were analysed by means of ELISA assay. The result...
  10. Our experience in the diagnostics and therapy of patients with solitary peripheral lung tumours.

    Folia Medica 53(1):47 (2011) PMID 21644405

    We performed primary videothoracoscopic tumor resection in 125 patients with peripheral lung tumours. In 93 (74.4%) of the cases complete successful thoracoscopic resection of the tumor and subsequent intraoperative frozen section histology was accomplished. In the remaining 32 cases (25.6%) various...