Welcome to the Pubget Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) browser.
Click on a topic or subtopic below to explore related papers. You'll find the most recent paper about the current MeSH term along with other related papers below.
Articles on Stapedius
[Isolated stapedius tendon ossification: a case report].
In this study, a case with bilateral isolated stapedius tendon ossification was reported, since it is a rare clinical condition. A 46-year-old female patient was admitted to our clinic with the complaint of bilateral hearing loss. Tympanic membrane was bilateral normal in color and appearance on otom...
Vestibular schwannoma: when to look for it?
Vestibular schwannoma and non-tumour patients with little or no hearing loss in the unaffected ear were inseparable; however, vestibular schwannoma patients with hearing loss in the unaffected ear had greater audiometric asymmetry, compared with non-tumour patients with the same pattern of hearing l...
Test-Retest Reliability of the Acoustic Stapedial Reflex Test in Healthy Neonates
Ipsilateral ASRs were elicited in 91.3% (200/219) of neonates, whereas the remaining 8.7% (19/219) exhibited flat tympanograms (no identifiable peak) and absent reflexes with a "refer" outcome in the TEOAE test. The mean ASRT (76.2 dB HL averaged over 194 ears) for the 2 kHz pure tone was higher tha...
[Functional model of the middle ear ossicles].
We have made a model of middle ear ossicles. Our ear ossicles are made of paper-mache with metal in it. The incudomalleolar and incudostapedial articulations are made of rubber. The tensor tympani and the stapedius muscles are made of wire and the two wires can be fixed by cord stoppers. Our model e...
Electromyographical Recording of the Electrically Elicited Stapedius Reflex via a Bipolar Hook Electrode
A double hook electrode could be inserted into the muscle tissue via the natural opening of the pyramid process along with the stapedius tendon. In 7 out of 10 patients supplied with MED-EL CIs (PULSARCI100 or SONATATI100), electrically elicited stapedius reflex potentials were recorded after elimin...
Tenotomy of the tensor tympani and stapedius tendons in Ménière's disease.
ITG was performed on 15 patients, and 9 patients underwent ITG plus ST. The procedure was sufficient in 53% of the ITG group and in 22% of the ITG plus ST group. No significant difference was found between the two groups concerning MDOQ scores, DHI, functional level, vertigo frequency, and tinnitus....
The effect of the 226-Hz probe level on contralateral acoustic stapedius reflex thresholds.
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of the 226-Hz probe level on the acoustic stapedius reflex threshold. Contralateral reflex thresholds for a 1000-Hz pure-tone stimulus were obtained from 40 young adults with normal hearing using an experimental syst...
Activation of middle-ear muscles by transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Transcranial magnetic stimulation is able to activate both stapedius and tensor tympani muscles. In conjunction with admittance audiometry, it may represent a method of exploring the mechanics of the middle ear when acoustic reflex testing is not reliable. It can be helpful in the confirmation of st...
Motoneurons of the stapedius muscle in the guinea pig middle ear: Afferent and efferent transmitters
We injected the fluorescent neuronal tracer Fluorogold (FG) into the muscle after preparation of the middle ear in adult guinea pigs. Upon terminal uptake and retrograde neuronal transport, we observed FG in neurons located medial and ventral to the nucleus of the facial nerve ipsilateral to the inj...
Auditory evaluation in patients with type 1 diabetes.
In group 1, the most frequent cochleovestibular symptoms were tinnitus and hearing loss. The sensorineural hearing loss was mild, symmetric, and predominantly high-frequency. A delay of ABR interpeak latencies was detected in the patients of group 1 who had normal audiometric thresholds....